Monday 12 November 2012

Re-vamping Valentino

So I told you in my previous post that I had managed to find this vintage Valentino blazer in a charity shop for under a tenner and here it is.
It’s absolutely massive and it’s shoulders are so big I look like Frankenstein which leads me to this revamp but I love it and I’m going to wear it as a coat rather than a blazer so it doesn't matter.
I haven’t revamped anything in ages and I’m feeling so un-creative lately so thought whilst I was back at mums and had my sewing machine to hand I thought I may as well.







The finished garment is pretty similar, the shoulders are just less structured. 

If I had the balls i'd totally unpick the whole garment just to have a look at the insides. It sounds super weird but after making a bespoke jacket last year at uni it would be SO interesting to see how other designers tailor their jackets.

 
 
This is my bespoke tailored jacket that put me through HELL in second year!

This is a proper random post but heyho

Katesxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment